Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta Details
As you already heard Crytek is going to have a Crysis 3 multiplayer beta on Janurary 29th. The Crysis 3 beta will be on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms. It will consist of 2 team based modes and showcase 2 of the 12 maps Crysis 3 has to offer, Airport and Museum. You will be able to level up to rank 10 and customize your Nanosuit with different weapons, attachments and suit modules. There is a new functionality in the beta called Rip & Throw which consists of using items in the environment for weapons or shields.
- Hunter Mode:
This multiplayer game mode is all about survival of the fittest. There are two teams, initially composed of two permanently cloaked "Hunters", and up to fourteen CELL troopers awaiting extraction. Each trooper slain respawns on the Hunter team to prey on their former allies, building to a frenetic climax. If any of the troopers survive the round, the hunters lose. Whichever way you play, Hunter Mode delivers a heart-pounding test of strategy and survival.
- Crash Site Mode:
This multiplayer game mode is the ultimate King of the Hill type experience. An Alien dropship deploys a pod at random around the map. Players on each team must remain near the dropped pod in order to capture the zone and accumulate points. Each alien pod holds two shields players can utilize defensively as weapons. In addition, each Crash Site map will have a "Pinger", a CEPH-constructed walking weapon of mass destruction. But be careful, other players can hijack the Pinger while you're inside of it!
- Museum - Roam the dark Ruins of Musem in downtown Manhattan and use the verticality to your advantage.
- Airport - Close to the financial district, nature has taken over buildings and planes in this open fields area.
On top of the beta there is a new in-game social feed that will display challenges you completed to other players and friends. Crytek seems to be adding social type elements in their games as of late hope its not to intrusive.
How to get in
On PS3 PSN
- From the XMB (Cross Media Bar) of the PlayStation 3 that's connected to a network, choose the "Playstation Store" option under the Playstation Network menu.
- From the menu on the left side of the PlayStation Store, scroll up to the top of the screen and select "search"
- Using your controller and the on-screen keyboard, input "Crysis 3", then press "SEARCH".
- Select "Crysis 3 Beta" from the search results, and follow the instructions on-screen to complete your download!
On Xbox Live
- From the Xbox Home Menu, go into the "Games" section.
- From the "Games" menu, select the "Games Marketplace" tile.
- From the "Games Marketplace" menu, go into the Demos section, then select "New Releases".
- Select "Crysis 3" from the Menu.
- Select "Free Download"
- Select "Confirm Download"
You can now play the Crysis 3 Beta from the Games menu on your Xbox 360!
On PC Origin
- You will need an Origin account and the Origin Client in order to download and participate in the Open Beta. If you don't already have an Origin Account, simply go to the Origin website (http://www.origin.com) and register using the link on the top right.
- Once you have an account download the client from the following website: http://origin.com/download - Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the client.
- Launch the Origin client and log in to your account.
- You can now select the My Games tab within Origin to see the Open Beta. From here you can download and install the game.
[ SOURCE: VGBetas ]
Latest posts by Pace (see all)
- Defiance PS3 Beta Starts Today Get Your Beta Key - March 19, 2013
- Defiance Advanced Mission Beta 3 Next Week - March 13, 2013
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 Beta Registration - February 23, 2013