With the PS3 and 360 in its final years, have Nintendo prepared for battle?
***Everything in this article is based on my opinion***
Sure, the Wii U may have its differences to the current generations, but is it enough for it to be able to compete with the mighty PS3 and Xbox 360? Nintendo may of made a grave mistake releasing the Wii U before the new playstation or xbox has been released, and here is why:
1. The specs on the Wii U are around the same as the PS3 and 360, which is scary, considering the new playstation and xbox is bound to be released in the next year or two. However, nintendo have never been known for their specs, and as a result, many could argue that is why Nintendo games such as Super Mario are so different from the rest.
2. By releasing the Wii U before the new playstation or xbox has been released, Sony and Microsoft are surely going to revise the Wii U and implement some of the features into their new hardware. This has been done before of course, with the Kinect and Playstation Move both taking a page out of the Nintendo Wii’s book.
3. With the Wii U’s current specs, many (Including I) can question if Nintendo will get the Next-Gen Triple A games, as most of the PS3 and 360 games were either not on the wii, or had significant degrades. This could be damaging to the sales of the Wii U in the long run, but their flagship titles such as Super Mario Land and Pokemon may just keep the console alive.
What do you think? Do you think that Nintendo can compete with the next gen consoles, or do you believe that it is not even a competition? Post your thoughts below!
Latest posts by Joshua (see all)
- Next batman game to be on next gen consoles? - March 30, 2013
- Did Rockstar make a bad move not making GTA V a PS4 title? - March 29, 2013
- Can Nintendo compete with the next gen, or have they released the Wii U too early? - February 13, 2013